Before a new four-legged friend arrives, you must decide something very important: What are you going to call him! We tell you what are the best names for your pet.
Here we have put together a collection of our favorite black wolf names which will surely make you like them. But before this you should know about black wolf so here it is!
The black wolf is a rare species of wolf because, it is a variant of the gray wolf. This variety of wolf is not easy to find, without forgetting that in some cases they have been found within red wolf packs. This variety of wolf has this type of coloration due to hybridization.
Some specimens have been found integrating red wolf packs and it is probably still possible to do so today. According to genetic research from Stanford Medical University and the University of California, wolves with black fur owe their distinctive coloration to a mutation that occurred in domestic dogs, and led wolves through hybridization between the wolves and dogs.
BLACK WOLF NAMES
Do you have a pet with strong distinctive wolf like features or you simply want to honor their ancestry? Then here is a list of black wolf names;
FAMOUS BLACK WOLF NAMES
COOL BLACK WOLF NAMES
BEST BLACK WOLF NAMES
HOW TO CHOOSE A NAME?
Before making a decision on the name of your new best friend, keep these recommendations in mind:
- Use words of two or maximum three syllables. Do not choose an excessively short name, as it may be confused with other words that you use regularly. Neither one too long, since it is easier for you to decentralize it. Also, if it is short and loud you will learn it faster.
- Do not call it with words similar to the ones you are going to use to give orders: sit or sit, take, come, no …
- Try to make it an original and personal name. If you discard typical names like Kira, Rex or Toby, you will avoid confusion in the park and it will be easy for him to recognize that you are calling him. Names inspired by movies, series or books that you like, rock stars or mythological names are always a good option.
- Avoid names similar to that of another pet or household member.
- The name you choose should not change, as this could create confusion for your pet.
- The pronunciation should sound clear and forceful. So preferably choose words with an accent on the last syllable.
- If you adopt a young or adult dog, which already had a name and responds to it, it is best to keep it.
- On the other hand, if you adopt a puppy, you can wait a few days before deciding on its name, to observe its character, its hobbies or its movements, and maybe it will inspire you.
FACTS ABOUT BLACK WOLVES
- The black wolf is a species that derives from gray wolves, also this breed is very rare and difficult to find. However, these are also known by their scientific name Canis Lycaon.
- These wolves are characterized by having black fur and are slightly larger than gray wolves.
- It should be noted that black wolves are originally gray wolves, but due to a hybridization that occurred by crossing gray wolves with dogs, these wolves obtained this special color.
- Likewise, black wolves have an approximate weight of 70 kilograms, although most of this species usually have a weight between 35 to 50 kilograms when they are in adulthood and their height is more than 80 centimeters. On the other hand, these animals are very fast, so they can reach speeds between 50 and 70 km / h to get a prey.
- Black wolves have thick fur and strong legs, making their hind legs slightly higher, allowing them to have a little more strength and better movement. Thanks to its thick fur and the inner layer that maintains its own heat, the black wolf can live in places where the weather is very cold.
- Black wolves are carnivores and can hunt alone or in packs. When this species hunts in a herd, they do so to catch prey that is very large.
- These can hunt at any time of the day, but primarily hunt at night, since they have a better chance of getting prey to feed.
- However, when black wolves go days without food they can consume between 13 kilograms of meat or more. Although these usually consume about 3 kilograms of meat daily.
- On the other hand, the diet of black wolves is very varied since they can eat almost everything, as they can be deer, oxen, sheep and rabbits.
- In Yellowstone National Park, there is a large population of black wolves that live within this park. Likewise, in southern Canada and Minnesota there have also been some sightings of this species.
Isn’t it true that many times we go round and round and do not find a cool name for our pet? They are special to us and we must choose a good name.
Choose one according to their species and characteristics, as they have style and will give that distinctive touch that your animal lacks. company, since an unnamed pet is incomplete.
Didn’t choose one?
Don’t worry for your pet to have a super top and original name, you just have to take a look at these fantastic lists of wolf names from our previous articles;